CENTRE FOR STUDENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
was set up to impart knowledge and education to children with special needs. Under its aegis we provide guidance, counseling and additional facilities to the variously challenged students. Our aim is to bring them to the main stream and enable them to be self reliant individuals and live life with high self-esteem. The Centre caters to the need of
- Visually Challenged Students
- Learning Disabilities – Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Discalculia
- Students with maladjustment problems / emotional crisis
We are greateful to
- AUSENCO Foundation
- Barclays Bank
- Sun Pharma
- Sion Senior Citizens Association
- Academic development
- Readers and scribes are made available.
- Braille Texts are purchased from the National Association of blind and made available to the students
- CD’s of recorded notes and text are provided to the students.
- Special Staff is appointed as trainer-cum-caretaker.
- Extra lectures and training sessions.
- Regular interactive meeting with the Principal.
- Free meals are provided by the management throughout the year.
- Personality development
- Remedial English lectures to improve their English.
- CareerCounsellingto provide them with knowledge of various career avenues available to them.
- Personal Counselling in order to help them to overcome their personal difficulties.
- Students are trained to use computers and basic word processing software.
- Discussions with other visually challenged persons well-placed in different careers so as to motivate the present students.
- Meeting with the alumni so as to encourage the present students
- To provide amenities for the visually challenged students so that they can be at par with other normal children (Inclusive education).
- Training in Meditation techniques to increase concentration and to live a stress-free life.
- Open book scanning and reading software
- Able 2 extractor
- Win RAR
- Azabat Touch tying tutor
- Super Nova Access Suite